Build beautiful interactive maps on your Drupal website, and tell engaging visual stories with your data. This concise guide shows you how to create custom geographical maps from top to bottom, using Drupal 7 tools and out-of-the-box modules. You’ll learn how mapping works in Drupal, with examples on how to use intuitive interfaces to map local events, businesses, groups, and other custom data.
Although building maps with Drupal can be tricky, this book helps you navigate the system’s complexities for creating sophisticated maps that match your site design. Get the knowledge and tools you need to build useful maps with Drupal today.
- Get up to speed on map projections, the ethics of making maps, and the challenges of building them online
- Learn how spatial data is stored, input by users, manipulated, and queried
- Use the OpenLayers or GMap modules to display maps with lists, tables, and data feeds
- Create rich, custom interactions by applying geolocation
- Customize your map’s look and feel with personalized markers, map tiles, and map popups
- Build modules that add imaginative and engaging interactions
Mapping with Drupal is aimed at beginner to intermediate Drupal users, though it assumes a basic knowledge of Drupal.
Get the Book!
Drupal Association members get 40% off the print book and 50% off the ebook when purchased from O’Reilly - see the membership benefits page for details.